About this opportunity
The Open Support Conversations and Connection Program provides opportunities for those who are most vulnerable in our community to connect socially with patient and caring volunteers using telephone and video technology. We are looking for Virtual Volunteers who would like to connect with a diverse range of clients who may be experiencing social isolation.
Open Support offers support via the use of remote connectivity tools including Zoom, Skype and telephone to a range of clients living in the community who may be experiencing social isolation. Volunteers will undertake wellness checks, general check-in chats and regular connections to those clients with the goal of encouraging community connectedness and reducing the impacts of social isolation.
All calls to clients take place Monday to Friday during business hours, volunteers do not make calls on weekends or after hours.
- We are looking for dedicated volunteers who like to chat, are patient, caring, compassionate and who have the necessary active listening and interpersonal skills to communicate with those who are experiencing vulnerability in our communities.
- As this role will take place in the volunteers home using the volunteers own internet enabled device, the interview, training, induction and ongoing professional supervision will take place via Zoom.
Essential for all Volunteers who express an interest in the Community Companion Volunteer Role
- Demonstrated high level of communication and interpersonal skills including solid active listening skills
- Access to an internet-enabled device e.g. Smartphone, PC, Laptop, Tablet
- Established technology skills and a detailed understanding of the use of remote connectivity tools including, but not limited to Zoom, Skype, WhatsApp and Email
- Commitment to Open Supports mission and goals
- Possess or willing to obtain a current and validated Working With Children Check and National Police Check
National Police Certificate *. Working with Children Check *.
Work out the times that suit you. Up to 4 hours per week Minimum of 2 socially isolated clientsSuitable for
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Families with Children
- Online & Remote Volunteers
- People Learning English
- People with disability
- Skilled Volunteers
- Companionship & Social Support
- Seniors & Aged Care
The following mandatory training and induction activities will take place via Zoom. • WHS and Safe Work from Home • Boundaries • Accidental Counsellor • Accessing Client Files via a List PortalReimbursement
Will be discussed at Interview