About this opportunity
We are seeking a number of volunteers who enjoy physical work to bag up fruit and veg for people in need. This role requires a lot of manual handling and physical work lifting up to 10 to 14 kilos potentially.
Reliable volunteers with good work ethic, willingness to keep site clean and tidy as well.
Required for the next couple of months at least 2 days per week from 8.30 am for 9 am start till 3pm preferable but minimum 1 day per week.
- National Police Clearance
- Complete Induction
- Health Questionnaire
- Temp checks
* During the Covid-19 pandemics, organisations should be providing all necessary Covid-19 safety protection measures for volunteers following the advice of both the Sate or Territory Governments and the Federal Government. Your safety and wellbeing is your priority. Familiarise yourself with the most up-to-date requirements and advice from the Australian and NT and SA State Governments.
* As each organisation provides different levels/types of insurance, volunteers are reminded to check with the organisation as to the type of insurance provided for volunteers (e.g. Volunteer Personal Accident Insurance).
* Best practice volunteer involvement recommends that a volunteer role should not be more than 15-16 hours per week.
8.30 am for 9.00 am start till 3pm on either Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday (2 days per week ideally but at least 1 day per week)Suitable for
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Sport & Physical Activity
- Trades & Maintenance
Online Induction, on the job training, manual handling