About this opportunity
As a Talk Time Facilitator at our Camp Magic program you are required to lead a group of children and volunteer mentors in a formal setting to achieve the set and required outcomes of each program. You will assist with any extra needs that may arise by group attendees and provide a suitable report at the conclusion of the camp weekend.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES: • Collaborate with your designated group co-facilitators to prepare a pre-camp plan. Adopt your own ideas and incorporate them into the program where appropriate. • Act as a first level support person for any camper and mentor assigned to your group over the weekend. Assist that person through their emotions or redirect for higher level assistance if required. • Provide your availability and focus to your group at all times during camp. • Provide a safe space for your group through the Talk Time Sessions to allow attendees the ability of opening up to their grief and feeling heard and validated. • Record and self-assess all activities at the conclusion of each session. • Provide feedback of any harmful or at risk behaviour/discussions of any attendees in your immediate group to the State Program Co-ordinator. • Attend all Talk Time meetings, volunteer debrief sessions and meals over the weekend. • Abide by the volunteer confidentiality agreement at camp and after. You will be provided with personal and sensitive information and it is expected it will be treated with the utmost care and respect.
National Police Certificate *. Working with Children Check *.
• You must attend a one-day training/planning session prior to attending each camp.
• You must have attended a minimum of four camps as a volunteer mentor before being eligible for a Talk Time role.
• You must provide:
- a current Working With Children's Check; and
- a National Crime History Check with no court outcomes involving children or violence.
• You should be physically fit and comfortably able to climb multiple levels of stairs
• You need to be able to commit to the full length of camp without leaving the site
• There is no access to mobile phones, cameras or social media while you are on duty at camp (use is
welcome during your free time).
• You must act in an appropriate manner and behaviour when at camp or any other time you are
representing Feel The Magic in a formal setting or wearing any labelled or identifiable clothing depicting Feel the Magic.
- Companionship & Social Support
- Fundraising & Events