About this opportunity
Kalyra Woodcroft Aged Care is a well established 83-bed facility conveniently located in Woodcroft, offering a quality alternative for residential aged care to frail older people living in the Morphett Vale area. Set on spacious grounds residents are accommodated in single rooms, each with en-suite bathrooms in a very home-like environment. We are opening a Community Hub Cafe and Store at Woodcroft.
Our café provides morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea to our customers, families, friends, staff and the public.
The Volunteer is required to:
- work alone/independently
- record and report attendance
- complete orientation and other training as requested
Experience in a similar role is desirable as is clear communication skills and a commitment to customer service. If you're an up and coming barista or Chef or an apprentice looking for experience, we are looking for you.
All volunteers require a National Police Certificate and Flu vaccination as per Aged Care Legislation.
National Police Certificate *.
* During the Covid-19 pandemics, organisations should be providing all necessary Covid-19 safety protection measures for volunteers following the advice of both the State or Territory Governments and the Federal Government. Your safety and wellbeing is your priority. Familiarise yourself with the most up-to-date requirements and advice from the Australian and NT and SA State Governments.
* As each organisation provides different levels/types of insurance, volunteers are reminded to check with the organisation as to the type of insurance provided for volunteers (e.g. Volunteer Personal Accident Insurance).
* Best practice volunteer involvement recommends that a volunteer role should not be more than 15-16 hours per week.
Cafe will open from 9 am till 3 pm Monday to Friday.Suitable for
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Families with Children
- People Learning English
- Skilled Volunteers
- Work Experience
- Younger volunteers, aged 14-18
- Food Preparation & Service
Orientation: Volunteer Services Induction Site orientation including Fire and Evacuation Instruction