About this opportunity
Utilising Castlemaine Health Patient Transport vehicle, provide eligible Mt Alexander Shire community members and residents of Castlemaine Health Aged Care Facilities with a safe, reliable transport service to health appointments.
Under guidance from the Volunteer Program Manager:
- Respect the confidentiality and privacy of all individuals
- Ensure the safety and security of the vehicle at all times whilst in charge of the vehicle
- Abide by all traffic laws and maintain safe driving practises
- Ensure no unapproved passengers are transported
- Store mobility aids in the vehicle’s boot or behind a safety barricade
- Report all accidents and incidents immediately to the Volunteer Transport Co-Ordinator
- Report all contact hours to enable the Manager to compile statistical and service data for funding requirements
Essential: Current drivers licence. A safe driving record.
Desirable: Interest/experience working/volunteering with older people with restricted mobility. Key selection criteria:
- Confident and capable driver
- Willingness to undertake training and attend meetings
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Good communication skills
- Ability to take instruction and seek assistance
- Flexible approach, reliable and patient
- Non-judgmental and positive attitude
- This position description is subject to review and amendment at any time, as appropriate and as approved by the relevant Director.
- To ensure a healthy and safe work environment for employees and our clients, smoking is not permitted on hospital grounds, in buildings and offices or in any vehicle.
- The successful applicant will be required to provide a current Police Records Check prior to commencement. A Working With Children Check may also be required for particular positions.
Driver's Licence (C) . National Police Certificate *. Traffic Check *. Working with Children Check *.
- Skilled Volunteers
- Travelling Volunteers
- Work Experience
- Disability Support
- Driving & Transportation
- Seniors & Aged Care