About this opportunity
The Vision of the Care and Share program is to support independent living for people who are 65 and over who may be socially isolated or need help to attend out of home activities appropriate to their interests and abilities.
The Care and Share program strives to improve the health and well-being of people over the age of 65 who live in the South/ East Metropolitan Aged Care Planning region by providing a quality day centre program that recognises: • all people have the right to participate in the community through involvement in the usual activities of daily life, including recreation, leisure, education, culture and the arts • the principle of community participation is the starting point for identifying the needs of our program participant group • the primary focus for all aspects of service delivery is the individual and their needs • services should respond to individual needs rather than providing a standard service
National Police Certificate *.
Translation of information about activities and conversation as required.
* During the Covid-19 pandemics, organisations should be providing all necessary Covid-19 safety protection measures for volunteers following the advice of both the Sate or Territory Governments and the Federal Government. Your safety and wellbeing is your priority. Familiarise yourself with the most up-to-date requirements and advice from the Australian and NT and SA State Governments.
* As each organisation provides different levels/types of insurance, volunteers are reminded to check with the organisation as to the type of insurance provided for volunteers (e.g. Volunteer Personal Accident Insurance).
* Best practice volunteer involvement recommends that a volunteer role should not be more than 15-16 hours per week.
Mondays: 9.30-2.30 * Best practice volunteer involvement recommends that a volunteer role be a maximum of 15-16 hours per week.Suitable for
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Skilled Volunteers
- Companionship & Social Support
- Seniors & Aged Care
- Translating & Interpreting
No specific training is allocated to this roleReimbursement
Lunch provided on day of attendance