About this opportunity
We are looking for a volunteer with an interest in international affairs and a desire to gain experience in the not for profit sector to join our Marketing team at our Marsfield office.
This volunteering experience will allow you to share and develop your knowledge and skills and expand your professional network. You will have the opportunity to gain hands on experience in the not for profit industry and contribute to an organisation that makes a real difference to the lives of women and children in Afghanistan.
We are seeking someone who can commit to 1-2 days a week for a period of 3 months, and can offer flexible hours to fit university or work commitments.
Mahboba’s Promise is an Australian non-profit organisation dedicated to providing a sustainable future to vulnerable women and children in Afghanistan. Over the past 22 years, Mahboba’s Promise has adhered to the values of compassion and integrity to empower women and children to make a lasting difference in their own lives. We have established schools, shelters and health clinics across Afghanistan and provide sponsorships for girls’ education, widows, and orphans.
As part of the role you will undertake tasks including:
- Assist our Marketing Manager in creating a LinkedIn plan/strategy for our LinkedIn Profile
- Research similar NFP's and aid organisations with successful LinkedIn profiles and create a list of suggestions
- Assist in the management of the LinkedIn profile
- Create relevant and engaging written content for our LinkedIn profile
- Scheduling copy for release at optimal times
- Analyzing and reporting on the effects of publications
The ideal candidate will have:
- Studying or have completed a degree in marketing, communication studies, journalism, creative writing or similar
- Excellent knowledge of LinkedIn as a social media platform
- Prior experience in marketing or social media
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to multi-task
- A highly motivated and proactive self starter
1-2 days per week (up to 10 hours/week). Volunteer hours are flexible around study, work and other commitments.Suitable for
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Skilled Volunteers
- Travelling Volunteers
- Marketing, Media & Communications