About this opportunity
Emergency Relief Interviewer duties include:
- Greet and interview the client and assess eligibility for assistance.
- Complete the paperwork promptly and accurately.
- Assist the client or decline assistance according to the guidelines of the Emergency Relief program.
- Commitment to regular weekly volunteer service.
- High skill level in written and spoken English.
Working with Children Check *.
* During the Covid-19 pandemics, organisations should be providing all necessary Covid-19 safety protection measures for volunteers following the advice of both the Sate or Territory Governments and the Federal Government. Your safety and wellbeing is your priority. Familiarise yourself with the most up-to-date requirements and advice from the Australian and NT and SA State Governments.
* As each organisation provides different levels/types of insurance, volunteers are reminded to check with the organisation as to the type of insurance provided for volunteers (e.g. Volunteer Personal Accident Insurance).
* Best practice volunteer involvement recommends that a volunteer role should not be more than 15-16 hours per week.
Shifts available on Monday to Friday: 9:00am to 1:00pm FlexibleSuitable for
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Skilled Volunteers
- Administration & Office Management