About this opportunity
Fred's Van provides a free evening meal in Adelaide CBD 5 nights per week, serving 20,000 people each year who may be experiencing homelessness and sleeping rough. This service provides a meal from a van, on the streets of Adelaide and has been operating for over 25 years.
The role duties include:
- weekly visit to Foodbank at Edwardstown and our kitchen site at Hawthorn on a Tuesday to collect ordered stock and deliver to kitchen on a fortnightly basis
- online ordering of stock with Foodbank, Cash and Carry, other suppliers when required
- general stock-take of kitchen items
- liaising with other volunteers who are involved in Fred's Van
Support will be provided by the Coordinator/Principal Volunteer of the service. The applicant will be required to hold a current driver's licence and have reasonable computer skills as all the ordering is done online and via emails.
Driver's Licence (C) . National Police Certificate *.
* During the Covid-19 pandemics, organisations should be providing all necessary Covid-19 safety protection measures for volunteers following the advice of both the Sate or Territory Governments and the Federal Government. Your safety and wellbeing is your priority. Familiarise yourself with the most up-to-date requirements and advice from the Australian and NT and SA State Governments.
* As each organisation provides different levels/types of insurance, volunteers are reminded to check with the organisation as to the type of insurance provided for volunteers (e.g. Volunteer Personal Accident Insurance).
* Best practice volunteer involvement recommends that a volunteer role should not be more than 15-16 hours per week.
Tuesday morningsType of work
- Administration & Office Management
- Driving & Transportation
- Food Preparation & Service