About this opportunity
This Social Support Group Seniors program for people over 65 is looking for a volunteer to assist them with activities. Recruitment will not take place until May 2020
The role involves:
- Assisting with group bus excursions etc with other staff.
- Assisting the coordinator to prepare activities and food.
- Serve morning tea.
- Assisting the co-ordinator to supervise activities
- One-on-one and group conversations with clients.
- Assist with the computer classes for seniors.
- Ability to communicate with people.
- Patience, empathy and a kind nature.
The minimum age is 18 years.
- Helping the local community.
- Meet new people and make new friends.
- Gain new skills and knowledge working with the elderly.
- Go on outings with the groups.
- Knowing you've made a difference in peoples lives.
National Police Certificate *.
8-9 hours per week between 8:30am - 4:30pm, flexible days Monday - FridayType of work
- Companionship & Social Support
- Food Preparation & Service
- Seniors & Aged Care
Training is provided.