About this opportunity
We are seeking applications from individuals with administrative experience who will be responsible for scheduling vet work and maintaining up to date records for the organisation
The Vet Bookings Administrator will be responsible for:
- Scheduling vet work and maintaining health records in our pet medical records
- Acting as the first point of contact for all clinic related bookings and enquiries, and triaging pets accordingly.
- Working collaboratively with Foster Carers, veterinary clinics and FFARQ vaccination specialists, to ensure all vet work and at-home treatments are administered as scheduled.
- Registering Change of Ownership Forms with the relevant registries.
- Preparing accurate vet treatment certificates for adoptable fosters.
- Assisting the Treasury Team in obtaining /clarifying veterinary invoices (as required)
- Other administration tasks as assigned from time-to-time to assist the team.
To be considered for this role you will have:
- Certificate IV in Vet Nursing or equivalent experience is desirable
- Highly effective organisational and accurate record keeping skills.
- Ability to liaise and communicate effectively with others.
- Intermediate computing skills including knowledge of Internet Explorer and Facebook.
- Working knowledge of GMail and Google Docs
- Be familiar with creating and editing web-based documents and spreadsheets.
- Ability to work independently, show initiative and work cohesively within a virtual team.
The successful applicant MUST be able to attend a weekly virtual team meeting which is held outside of business hours.
Volunteer Characteristics: All volunteers within FFARQ must have integrity; respect for others and their time; and a passion to contribute to their role and the overarching goals of the team
Driver's Licence (C) .
Optional: If you are located within SE Queensland and would like to assist with foster carer visits in your local area, and/or with the transfer of fosters, a class C driver’s license and a reliable vehicle is required.
As this role is primarily virtual or home-based, you will need (at your own expense): a reliable computer, mobile phone, internet and antivirus; as well as a Facebook account (or the ability to create an account)
Applicants must be eligible to live and work in Australia.
Applicants must be aged 18 or over
A minimum commitment of 6-months is required. Approximately 5-10 hours per week with a minimum commitment of 6 monthsSuitable for
- Online & Remote Volunteers
- Skilled Volunteers
- Administration & Office Management
- Working with Animals
Training in Shelter Manager will be provided.