About this opportunity
Not-for-Profit & Charity Community Consultants (NFPCCC) is an Indigenous Social Enterprise Charity established to help Charities, Social Enterprises, and Not-for-Profit Organisations, with the motto of "HELPING YOU - HELP THOSE IN NEED".
Diverse Communities and Social Services (DCSS Australia - a Public Benevolent ACNC Charity Institution) is a National Not-for-Profit Community Justice and Social Services Charity Organisation.
Together, we are the leading National Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander (Indigenous), LGBTIQA+, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD), Diversity and Inclusion focused organisation, which delivers the Not-for-Profit Community Justice and Social Services Program operating across Australia.
We are looking for organised individuals who have exceptional communication skills, a passion for volunteering and has the ability to form productive working relationships with a wide range of employees.
Community Justice Officers and Case Managers develop client service plans, provide assessments, develop case plans and reports, and advocate for the provision of support services.
Case Manager duties include assessing, planning, implementing, monitoring and evaluating actions required to meet the client's health and human services needed.
- Establish the eligibility of a person on whose behalf the organisation will apply for our Community Justice Program Order/Work and Development Permit Order Scheme (Victoria and New South Wales) also known as CJP/WDP/WDO
- Keep a record and monitor the types of activities our organisation proposes to provide under the CJP/WDP/WDO scheme (for example, unpaid work, courses, counselling, mentoring) and advise clients accordingly
- Estimate the end date that the CJP/WDP/WDO will be completed based on the availability of activities and requirements, which is flexible to each individuals’ circumstances for satisfaction or part satisfaction of an infringement penalty based on details of infringement or details of outstanding penalties.
- Evidence the participation of an eligible person in CJP/WDP/WDO activities
- Handle all collection, use, and disclosure of information relating to a person applying for a CJP/WDP/WDO scheme including their consent, in a confidential and professional manner
- Keep records of all information relating to the organisation’s involvement in CJP/WDP/WDO and report monthly on CJP/WDP/WDO client’s participation in the scheme as required under the Government program guidelines
- Providing specialist interventions, if required, and support for people within/out of LGBTIQ/ATSI/CALD and other vulnerable communities
- Establish partnerships with other organisations and agencies to assist the clients and the organisation complete the program.
If you are interested, please download the application form from our website and apply ASAP along with your Resume, Cover letter and LinkedIn profile. Kindly submit your portfolio or a link to it on your resume or cover letter. Only Successful candidates will be contacted.
Individuals or those who identify as belonging to any of these groups will be prioritised: Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander, person living with a disability, LGBTIQA+
Driver's Licence (C) . National Police Certificate *. Working with Children Check *.
Every application is based on merit, we have minimum standards which must be met by every candidate and position to work with our organisation.
1. Australian Citizenship/Permanent Resident;
2. Relevant Qualifications and Certificates/Registrations;
3. Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience within Australia;
4. Great communication and listening skills;
5. Ability to commit the required time for the position and be able to commit to a 12-month position (minimum);
6. Upon engagement, you will be required to have or obtain a Working with Children Check (WWCC) and a National Police Check (NPC), which is conducted alongside our partnered charity agency.
10 hours per week (negotiable)Suitable for
- Families with Children
- Groups of 10 or more
- Online & Remote Volunteers
- People with disability
- Skilled Volunteers
- Companionship & Social Support
- Counselling & Help Line
- Disability Support
- Governance, Boards & Committees
Mandate Reporting/Child Safety, Mental Health, First Nations/Cultural Awareness, Fair Work Ombudsman Trainings, and others as negotiated.Reimbursement