About this opportunity
A Community Visitor provides regular one to one volunteer visits to a designated resident who is socially and/or culturally isolated, in an aged care facility or on a home care package across the Territory - Darwin, Palmerston, Katherine, Tennant Creek, Alice Springs and Nhulunbuy. This may include simple visits or outings to reconnect the resident with the wider community. Providing this regular link with the person’s community aims to provide friendship and enrich quality of life.
Role Requirements :
- National Police Check
- Working with Children Check
- Triple COVID vaccinations and possibly flu vaccination.
- Commitment to building and sustaining a friendship with an older, isolated person
- Empathy for and understanding of older people
- Reliability and flexibility
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Accountability to auspice.
We suggest that you CHECK YOUR JUNK EMAIL FOR A RESPONSE, within 7 days.
Covid-19 vaccination . Flu vaccination . National Police Certificate *. Working with Children Check *.
It’s important that organisations continue to monitor and follow the advice and guidelines of both State or Territory, and Federal Governments in relation to the latest COVID-19 requirements.
* As each organisation provides different levels/types of insurance, volunteers are reminded to check with the organisation as to the type of insurance provided for volunteers (e.g. Volunteer Personal Accident Insurance).
* Best practice volunteer involvement recommends that a volunteer role should not be more than 15-16 hours per week.
FlexibleType of work
- Arts, Craft & Photography
- Companionship & Social Support
- Seniors & Aged Care
Induction, ongoing training in relevant subjects.