About this opportunity
This organization is seeking volunteers to work with both Patients in palliative care and their families with art/craft projects. Encouraging them to participate in activities that could offer comfort and entertainment. Volunteers will work as part of a team and be able to use their own initiative to engage with patients and families. A strong interest in art/crafts does help.
Speak conversational English. A National Police check will be undertaken. Minimum age - 21 years.
All volunteers must adhere to our Covid Safety Plan and follow daily safe practices which include temperature checks prior to each shift and random Covid testing when directed by Executive Department.
- Working with patients can be a very rewarding experience.
- Using an activity to engage them in conversation or art dialogue.
- When training completed, you will receive a free parking pass.
National Police Certificate *.
2- 4 hours per week, flexible weekdays from 10.00am onwardsSuitable for
- People with disability
- Arts, Craft & Photography
- Companionship & Social Support
- Counselling & Help Line
- Disability Support
- Seniors & Aged Care
All Palliative Care Volunteers need to complete training and attend Hospital Orientation.