About this opportunity
Tasks can vary according to the specific ward, but general ward duties are interacting with patients, re-stocking shelves, ward pods and trolleys; assisting with patient exit surveys; preparing admission and information packs
Most wards require a minimum 4 hour shift but there are a few exceptions.
National Police Certificate *.
A Police clearance is required and will be provided at no cost to the volunteer.
* During the Covid-19 pandemic, organisations should be providing all necessary Covid-19 safety protection measures for volunteers following the advice of both the State or Territory Governments and the Federal Government. Your safety and wellbeing is your priority. Familiarise yourself with the most up-to-date requirements and advice from the Australian and NT and SA State Governments.
* As each organisation provides different levels/types of insurance, volunteers are reminded to check with the organisation as to the type of insurance provided for volunteers (e.g. Volunteer Personal Accident Insurance).
* Best practice volunteer involvement recommends that a volunteer role should not be more than 15-16 hours per week.
Monday to Friday, between 8.30am and 4.30pmSuitable for
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Skilled Volunteers
- Administration & Office Management
- Companionship & Social Support