About this opportunity
A not-for-profit organisation which assists with transport from Bankstown Airport to Children's Hospitals for sick children and their families from country areas, is seeking assistance from volunteers who can turn their hand to various tasks, e.g.:
- Cleaning and tidying aircraft and company vehicles, hangar, storeroom etc.
- Other general and miscellaneous duties
• A current Working with Children Check (can be arranged with ID)
• A valid NSW drivers licence
• Knowledge and understanding of Organisation's’ mission and values
• mandatory Volunteer Induction and training
• Be an active team player supporting the team and attending to responsibilities in a timely manner
• Speak conversational English
Skills and Attributes
• Energetic, enthusiastic, and possess a ‘can-do’ attitude and customer service skills
• Responsible, reliable, and have strong interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work in a team environment
• High level of professional integrity and honesty, polite and courteous.
No heavy lifting would be required and any manual handling would be limited and assisted.
Benefits: You will be part of a small, dedicated and passionate team and will see first-hand the difference that the service makes to the families' lives.
Volunteering NSW’s Volunteer Referral Service assists individuals to find volunteer opportunities that match your interests, skills, location and time available to volunteer.
Be sure to provide a phone number on your Expression of Interest, so we can contact you without delay.
If this your first time volunteering, or your first time volunteering in Australia, you may wish to attend Volunteering NSW’s Bridge to Volunteering information seminar held every Friday and learn more about volunteering, how to choose the right volunteer job, the benefits of volunteering and your rights and responsibilities as a volunteer. Details on how to register for this seminar will be included on the email you receive when you Express Interest in this role.
2-7 hours during weekdays, between 9am-5pmType of work
- Driving & Transportation
- Sport & Physical Activity
- Trades & Maintenance
You will be part of a small, dedicated and passionate team and will see first-hand the difference that the service makes to the families' lives.