About this opportunity
- Be part of an organisation that values their volunteers
- Support others affected by fires, floods and other emergency events
- Ongoing commitment – Working around your availability
- Join the States largest provider of Psychological First Aid & Emotional Spiritual Care
About Us: The VCC Emergencies Ministry has been providing Compassion in Times of Crisis and supporting Victorians since 1977 and is being increasingly requested to support others affected by natural disasters and man made emergencies.
What we do: Provide Psychological First Aid to individuals and communities affected by Emergency and disaster events. Provide a listening ear and compassionate care to assist them to recover from the trauma they have been though.
Once training has been completed you can be deployed as part of a team providing support following a request to us from Local Government, Department of Human Services, Victoria Police or other first responders. When an event occurs we initially request people from the local community.
The difference you can make: Over the last 3 years we have directly supported and engaged in significant conversations with over 11,000 affected people across the state.
***Note if you are wanting to gather volunteer hours for a tertiary qualifications this may not be the role for you.
National Police Certificate *. Working with Children Check *.
The company’s volunteers are drawn from those faith communities who are members of, and are actively involved in ecumenical or multi faith works, such as:
* Victorian Council of Churches
* Multifaith Advisory Group
* Jewish Christian Muslim Association of Australia
* Faith Communities Council of Victoria
* Islamic Council of Victoria
* Buddhist Council of Victoria
* Hindu Community Council of Victoria
* Sikh Interfaith Council of Victoria
Or a registered religious organisation deemed appropriate for the work and service of the Emergencies Ministry program as determined by the board.
NegotiableType of work
- Administration & Office Management
- Companionship & Social Support
- Mediation & Advocacy
- Safety & Emergency Services
No prior training required Preferred: Health Care Social Work Psychology Youth Work Teaching Nursing