About this opportunity
The Boroondara Volunteer Resource Centre is advertising this role on behalf of Pied Piper Toy Library.
Are you looking to get involved by volunteering with a local community focused not-for-profit? Join a friendly and welcoming team made of volunteers and members at the Pied Piper Toy Library. We are a registered charity committed to supporting children’s development through play located close to Ashburton Village.
The particular focus of this role will involve checking returns as well as returning toys to the shelves. The environment is relaxed and supportive, you will be working as part of a team with other volunteers.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- checking returned toys and counting pieces
- returning toys to the shelves
- helping members find toys from the shelves when required
- assisting the Coordinator with general tasks as needed
Skills and Experience:
- good concentration skills
- enjoy working as part of a team
- be friendly and reliable
- ability to read and write in English
Benefits in undertaking the volunteer role:
- becoming an active part of the local community supporting young families
- becoming part of a friendly and supportive team
- potential to learn new skills and about different areas of the toy library and how it operates
Note: applicants need to be aged 15+ for this volunteer role.
Working with Children Check *.
Fridays 9.30am to 12.00Suitable for
- Younger volunteers, aged 14-18
- Library Services
You will be provided with a short, informal induction session and tour of the toy library. Training will be provided on the job by the Toy Library Coordinator.