About this opportunity
On Camp, we are looking for cooks and kitchen staff to help with the prepartion and cooking meals for all of the children and volunteers on our camps!
Duties specific to the position, include but are not limited to: • Preparing meals • Helping with camp preparation • Ensure safe and sanitary kitchen practices • Cooking meals & snacks • Providing a welcoming & warm space for children & camp volunteers in the kitchen at camp.
Our recruitment and selection process includes comprehensive police checks to assess applicants’ suitability to work with children and young people. We are able to undertake the police check for free as part of the application.
The only requirements for this role are a keen interest in helping and wanting to make a difference. Cooking experience would be useful but is not required. We are happy to teach you some skills.
National Police Certificate *. Working with Children Check *.
* During the Covid-19 pandemics, organisations should be providing all necessary Covid-19 safety protection measures for volunteers following the advice of both the Sate or Territory Governments and the Federal Government. Your safety and wellbeing is your priority. Familiarise yourself with the most up-to-date requirements and advice from the Australian and NT and SA State Governments.
* As each organisation provides different levels/types of insurance, volunteers are reminded to check with the organisation as to the type of insurance provided for volunteers (e.g. Volunteer Personal Accident Insurance).
* Best practice volunteer involvement recommends that a volunteer role should not be more than 15-16 hours per week.
Camps run from Thursdays to Monday's (essential for cooks for Friday to Sunday) Thursdays to Mondays residential placements (essential for cooks for Friday to Sunday)Suitable for
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Skilled Volunteers
- Travelling Volunteers
- Work Experience
- Younger volunteers, aged 14-18
- Food Preparation & Service
- Sport & Physical Activity
As position description