About this opportunity
Bike modifier/builder volunteers will work with the TADSA project coordinators and other volunteers, allied health professionals and parents to produce modified bikes.
Key responsibility Responsible for modifying bikes in their own facilities according to the specific needs of each child and based on information from allied health professionals.
- Sound knowledge of bike construction.
- A shed (or similar), plus suitable tools.
- Pleasant Personality
- Attendance at daytime bike clinics is an advantage.
Driver's Licence (C) . National Police Certificate *. Working with Children Check *.
* During the Covid-19 pandemics, organisations should be providing all necessary Covid-19 safety protection measures for volunteers following the advice of both the Sate or Territory Governments and the Federal Government. Your safety and wellbeing is your priority. Familiarise yourself with the most up-to-date requirements and advice from the Australian and NT and SA State Governments.
* As each organisation provides different levels/types of insurance, volunteers are reminded to check with the organisation as to the type of insurance provided for volunteers (e.g. Volunteer Personal Accident Insurance).
* Best practice volunteer involvement recommends that a volunteer role should not be more than 15-16 hours per week.
Days and times negotiable.Suitable for
- Skilled Volunteers
- Disability Support
- Trades & Maintenance
All out of pocket expenses reimbursed.