York Residency Museum Logo

York Residency Museum

About York Residency Museum

Built in 1858 as Superintendant's Quarters, this historic house is now the last remaining part of York's Convict Depot. It later became the official home of the town's Resident Magistrate, hence the name “The Residency”. Opened as a Municipal Museum in 1972 it continues to be managed by the Shire of York with help from community volunteers. A professionally curated and highly commended local history museum with an emphasis on ‘hands-on’ learning and family fun.


4 Brook Street
York WA 6302

[email protected]

Local VRC: Volunteering WA