About this opportunity
Taldumande Youth Services is a not-for-profit organisation that supports vulnerable children and young people aged 12-21 who are homeless or at risk of homelessness, and their families. If you want to make a difference to their lives, we have an exciting opportunity to take part in our upcoming 2021 Gala Dinner held at Luna Park on Friday, 14th May.
We are seeking motivated and enthusiastic Event Assistants to assist our fundraising department to work towards this event and volunteer at the dinner. Based at our Head Office in North Sydney you will report to the Fundraising and Events Coordinator, and will undertake the following duties:
- Assisting with auction items prior to the event
- Assisting with decorations and bonbonnieres
- Assist with name tags
- Some administration tasks as required for the fundraising and event team.
The event volunteers must also be available for the Gala Dinner, both afternoon and evening - Friday, 14th May 2021 - to assist with the set up, greet guests, sell raffle tickets, assist with the online silent auction, raffle and games, assist guests with online donations and pledges, and bump out.
To be successful in this volunteer role, you will be able to demonstrate the following:
- 18 years and over
- Attention to detail
- Previous event or fundraising experience is ideal but not essential
- Good communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Enthusiasm, perseverance and understanding
- Ability to organise own transport home after the event - but happy to discuss further.
If you are interested, or would like further information, please send us an expression of interest below with a copy of your resume.
Working with Children Check *.
A current Volunteer Working With Children Check is required and is free.
A few hours between 9:00am to 5:00pm leading up to the Gala Dinner and from 3:30pm to 11:30pm on Friday, 14th May 2021.Type of work
- Fundraising & Events
Training will be provided.