About this opportunity
We are seeking volunteers to assist with and manage a range of events in the Lockyer Valley region including the Laidley Spring Festival, Laidley Heritage Weekend and Lockyer Valley Christmas Carnival.
This is a great opportunity for customer focused individuals to utilise their skills to support events throughout the region.
Successful volunteers will be required to undertake various tasks including but not limited to:
- Event planning and coordination.
- Set up and pack down.
- Marketing duties as required.
- General duties at the event.
Volunteers will gain skills in events, customer service, engagement, promotion and marketing.
Please note, this role may require lifting and manual handling.
Driver's Licence (C) . Working with Children Check *.
- Customer engagement.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience with local region marketing (preferred but not essential).
- Interest in promotion and marketing.
- Proactive and reliable.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to work in a safe manner and follow policies and procedures.
Shifts are available for a range of events throughout the year.Suitable for
- Skilled Volunteers
- Younger volunteers, aged 14-18
- Fundraising & Events
- Marketing, Media & Communications
- Tour Guides, Information & Heritage