About this opportunity
Fred's Van is part of the St Vincent de Paul Society and provides a hot, nutritious meal to those experiencing homelessness, are marginalised and require such assistance.
A volunteer is required to assist in the kitchen and serve meals Sunday Morning/lunchtime.
Tasks include meal preparation, dining room set up and pack down, meal service, clean up.
* National Police Check
* Food handling knowledge an advantage
* During the COVID-19 pandemic, organisations should be providing all necessary COVID-19 safety protection measures for volunteers following the advice of both the Sate or Territory Governments and the Federal Government. Your safety and wellbeing is your priority. Familiarise yourself with the most up-to-date requirements and advice from the Australian and NT and SA State Governments.
* As each organisation provides different levels/types of insurance, volunteers are reminded to check with the organisation as to the type of insurance provided for volunteers (e.g. Volunteer Personal Accident Insurance).
* Best practice volunteer involvement recommends that a volunteer role should not be more than 15-16 hours per week.
10am - 1.30pm Sundays (monthly)Type of work
- Food Preparation & Service
Training will be provided