About this opportunity
JOIN US IN CHANGING LIVES…
Vinnies Taperoo is a friendly & vibrant shop filled to the brim with BARGAINS. Would you like to join this welcoming team?
We are looking for a volunteer who is an all rounder and is happy to work out the back of house steaming and sorting as well as front of house serving customers.
Vinnies shop volunteers do a variety of work. The tasks for this position include:
- Stock preparation – sorting, cleaning, steaming and pricing.
- Store housekeeping – tidying, dusting, and cleaning.
- Customer Service - assisting and serving customers.
- General shop duties.
The skills we look for are:
- A desire and ability to LEARN.
- A willingness to FOLLOW policies, procedures and instructions.
- The ability to work well in a TEAM environment.
- A FRIENDLY and compassionate personality.
You need an ability to LISTEN and respond with courtesy, to maintain confidences and RESPECT the privacy of those we encounter; and be SENSITIVE to the values of people of other faiths, cultures and lifestyles. You must also be willing to follow Vinnies’ policies and procedures, undertake any training required, and undergo a National Police Check (at no cost to you as a volunteer).
Minimum age is 15 years.
National Police Certificate *.
* During the Covid-19 pandemics, organisations should be providing all necessary Covid-19 safety protection measures for volunteers following the advice of both the Sate or Territory Governments and the Federal Government. Your safety and wellbeing is your priority. Familiarise yourself with the most up-to-date requirements and advice from the Australian and NT and SA State Governments.
* As each organisation provides different levels/types of insurance, volunteers are reminded to check with the organisation as to the type of insurance provided for volunteers (e.g. Volunteer Personal Accident Insurance).
* Best practice volunteer involvement recommends that a volunteer role should not be more than 15-16 hours per week.
Mon or Tues 9:30am - 5:00pmSuitable for
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Younger volunteers, aged 14-18
- Retail & Sales
On-the-job training provided.