About this opportunity
Visiting a socially isolated person in an aged care setting or their own home, providing friendship and re-connection with the local community. Could simply be having a chat, or going to a football game, out for coffee, a drive – anything you and the person feel comfortable with and are competent to achieve.
- Police Check
- Ochre Card
- Be caring and have a compassionate nature & a willingness to listen
* During the Covid-19 pandemics, organisations should be providing all necessary Covid-19 safety protection measures for volunteers following the advice of both the Sate or Territory Governments and the Federal Government. Your safety and wellbeing is your priority. Familiarise yourself with the most up-to-date requirements and advice from the Australian and NT and SA State Governments.
* As each organisation provides different levels/types of insurance, volunteers are reminded to check with the organisation as to the type of insurance provided for volunteers (e.g. Volunteer Personal Accident Insurance).
* Best practice volunteer involvement recommends that a volunteer role should not be more than 15-16 hours per week.
Flexible but minimum 1 hour per fortnight.Type of work
- Companionship & Social Support
- Seniors & Aged Care
Induction plus regular meetings/offers of training, regular follow up support.Reimbursement
Yes (for Police check and kilometres)