About this opportunity
Botanic Gardens is seeking volunteers to work in their newest exhibition at the Calyx horticultural display centre. Plants with Bite is an exhibition exploring the world of carnivorous plants.
The volunteer will meet and greet visitors, introduce them to the display and answers basic questions about the exhibition and the gardens. Role will run for the life of this exhibition October 2018 to October 2019.Opportunity exists to continue as a volunteer at subsequent exhibitions at the Calyx.
Volunteers who have skills in other languages would be greatly appreciated.
- Learn about plants and the history of the Botanic Gardens. Meet people, develop research skills.
- Opportunity to work in the oldest botanic garden and scientific organisation in the country.
- Vounteers will receive basic customer service training and opportunity to learn more about carnivorous plants, horticulture and the garden.
Volunteering NSW’s Volunteer Referral Service assists individuals to find volunteer opportunities that match your interests, skills, location and time available to volunteer.
Be sure to provide a phone number on your Expression of Interest, so we can contact you without delay.
If this your first time volunteering, or your first time volunteering in Australia, you may wish to attend Volunteering NSW’s Bridge to Volunteering information seminar held every Friday and learn more about volunteering, how to choose the right volunteer job, the benefits of volunteering and your rights and responsibilities as a volunteer. Details on how to register for this seminar will be included on the email you receive when you Express Interest in this role.
3-16 hours per week between 12 noon and 3pm 7 days per weekType of work
- Tour Guides, Information, & Heritage
- Initial 3 hr training session at the Calyx. - Ongoing mentoring and support. - Professional development opportunities i.e. attend specialists walks and talks with horticultural and scientific staff.