About this opportunity
Become a volunteer tutor and teach basic English to a recently arrived Migrant or Refugee in their home for two hours each week.
You must be a permanent resident of Australia.
To apply you must have:
- competent level of spoken and written English
- drivers licence and vehicle is required.
- no formal qualifications required or experience needed.
- volunteers must be willing to travel up to 20 minutes from their own home to the students home
- Department of Human Services (WWCC) and Vulnerable Persons Employment Screening checks are mandatory for all TAFE SA AMEP volunteers.These are free when volunteering if you do not have one already.
Driver's Licence (C) . Others . Working with Children Check *.
* During the Covid-19 pandemics, organisations should be providing all necessary Covid-19 safety protection measures for volunteers following the advice of both the Sate or Territory Governments and the Federal Government. Your safety and wellbeing is your priority. Familiarise yourself with the most up-to-date requirements and advice from the Australian and NT and SA State Governments.
* As each organisation provides different levels/types of insurance, volunteers are reminded to check with the organisation as to the type of insurance provided for volunteers (e.g. Volunteer Personal Accident Insurance).
* Best practice volunteer involvement recommends that a volunteer role should not be more than 15-16 hours per week.
Two hours a week for a minimum of 6 months.Type of work
- Education & Training
- Tutoring & Coaching
Free tutor training courses are face-to-face in Adelaide & Salisbury, online training also available