About this opportunity
Native ARC's Animal Care volunteer program is for anyone interested in working directly with wildlife.
Volunteers will work in the rehabilitation stages of the centre under the guidance of a registered wildlife rehabilitator or experienced volunteer and are responsible for the following tasks:
- Preparing food for a variety of animals.
- Cleaning cages, vivariums, aviaries or other housing facilities.
- Washing up of dishes, laundry, perches and equipment.
- Sweeping, mopping of centre facilities.
- Assistance with handling large animals.
- Assistance with administering medications by an experienced volunteer.
- Transporting animals to and from vets, zoos or other wildlife shelters.
Please kindly complete on-line application on Native Arc website to apply for role.
Please note this position is advertised by the City of Cockburn Volunteer Resource Centre on behalf of the organisation above.
None - qualified D.E.C wildlife carers.
Volunteers need to have caring and compassion for animals. Will be required to feed animals and keep animal areas clean. They will receive training at the centre.
Current tetanus vaccine is required for this role.
Morning or afternoon shift - any day Weekdays- Yes Weekends- Yes Evenings- NoSuitable for
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Groups of 10 or more
- People Learning English
- Skilled Volunteers
- Travelling Volunteers
- Work Experience
- Working with Animals
Training on-site. Induction and supervision - opportunity for D.E.C. training