About this opportunity
Event details: Date & time: Friday 26 August 2022, 4.30pm-11.30pm
Location: RICC, 600 Gregory Terrace, Bowen Hills
What will I be doing? You will be working as part of a team to deliver Redkite’s signature fundraising event; the Redkite Corporate Quiz. In this role, you will work as a team to:
- Welcome guests on arrival
- Sell raffle tickets to guests
- Encourage guests to participate in fundraising games throughout the night
- Act as spotters in our live auction
- Distribute prizes to winners
- Pack up Redkite resources after the event
Why does this role matter? Our team of confident, friendly evening volunteers are vital to the fundraising success of the Redkite corporate quiz. In 2019, this event raised over $265,000 to support families facing their child’s cancer diagnosis. This money is used to provide essential support to children with cancer and their families. We’re here throughout the whole cancer journey, from the moment of diagnosis until after treatment finishes. Our support includes financial assistance to cover essential costs, emotional and mental health support, and support through grief and loss.
What are the key details? Volunteers are needed from 4.30pm until 11.30pm. We are looking for up to 30 volunteers to deliver this event, and so we are happy to accommodate teams of volunteers as well as individuals. Everyone will be fully briefed so they feel confident in their role and have the support of a volunteer team leader at the event. An evening meal and comprehensive briefing will be provided.
What are we looking for in our volunteers?
- Available to volunteer for the full volunteer shift on Friday 26 August from 4.30pm-11.30pm
- Able to take direction from a team leader and work well in a team
- Confident, friendly and personable
- Able to be on their feet for a reasonable length of time as they engage with guests in different settings
- Fluent English speakers
- Volunteers must be 18 or over
- Ability to safely lift and carry boxes of event resources
How do I apply? Please contact Samantha Ward via [email protected] to register.
Covid-19 vaccination .
Friday 26 August from 4.30pm-11.30pmSuitable for
- Groups of 10 or more
- Skilled Volunteers
- Travelling Volunteers
- Work Experience
- Administration & Office Management
- Fundraising & Events