About this opportunity
Can you speak either Cantonese, Mandarin or Shanghainese? Do you like chatting with older person and/or helping an older person do an activity that they are interested in, e.g.reading, playing board games, watching TV or films, gardening or arts and craft? Do you have:
- A commitment to building and sustaining a friendship with an older isolated person over an extended period of time.
- Genuine empathy, understanding and enjoyment of older people.
- Effective communication and listening skills.
- Reliable and flexible.
- Able to visit once a week or fortnight, for at least 12 months. Become a Friendly Visitor and enjoy the company of an elderly person over a cuppa, a pleasant conversation and maybe also a board game and head home with the both of you smiling! Induction and training will be given, commuting costs will be reimbursed. About 1 hour per visit. Times to be agreed between the volunteer and participant.
Covid-19 vaccination . Driver's Licence (C) . National Police Certificate *. Working with Children Check *.
- Companionship & Social Support
- Seniors & Aged Care