About this opportunity
If you’re passionate about protecting the environment and empowering your local community to take action on important issues, then you’ll fit right in! We’re looking for people who share our values and also want to build a society that respects and protects nature. Experience in online marketing, promotions and education, or a strong social media background is preferred but not essential.
You will be working closely with our Community Organiser to:
- Develop a social media strategy and calendar for the Wilderness Society’s community group Facebook page.
- Create and curate engaging Facebook content to support community organising efforts and Wilderness Society state and national campaigns.
- Interact with users and respond to Facebook messages, inquiries, and comments.
- Review analytics and create reports on key metrics.
- Once a week w/ flexible working arrangements.
- Attend a Wilderness Society information session.
- Completion of the 2-day Community Organising Training.
- Willingness to attend campaign events on weeknights or weekends if needed.
- Willingness to take direction and feedback.
Who should apply? We’re looking for someone who:
- Enjoys spending time in nature, and cares about protecting the environment.
- Has well-developed communication and time management skills.
- Has a sound understanding of social media.
- Has an ability to follow processes with attention to detail.
- Is flexible, enthusiastic, and demonstrates a willingness to learn.
- Shows initiative, and the ability to work autonomously.
- Values integrity and has high levels of professionalism.
- Works well within a team environment and enjoys working with like-minded people.
- Is flexible with their time.
Once a weekType of work
- Marketing, Media & Communications