About this opportunity
Make-A-Wish® creates life-changing wishes for children with critical illnesses. We work with sick kids, their families and medical teams to grant unforgettable wishes – like making unicorns fly, sending kids to the moon to and even helping Australia's youngest ever cricket captain don the baggy green!
The friendly team at the Darwin Branch are looking for enthusiastic individuals to join Make-A-Wish as Fundraising Coordinator. By sharing your time and skills, you can help Australian children experiencing life-threatening illnesses.
As the Fundraising Coordinator your main focus will be to help raise much needed funds to ensure the ongoing ability to make vital wishes come true. You will achieve this by:
- Coordinating fundraising activities from sausage sizzles to gala balls - the sky is the limit
- Inspiring and empowering fellow volunteers to get involved in fundraising
- Working closely with the Community Fundraising & Events Team
- Raising awareness in your local community
We know that your time is precious, so we will work with you to make sure you get the most out of your experience with us. You have the opportunity to:·
- Join an inspiring organisation, where you will help children experience the anticipation and long lasting effects of a wish-come-true
- Receive training to get you wish-ready
- Access ‘Community’, our online support network where you can connect with other members of our Wish Force and access handy resources
- Make connections and build lifelong friendships
There are few experiences more powerful than helping make a wish come true. Together, we have helped countless local families through fundraising, events and wish-related activities.
If you’re 18 years of age or over, you’re looking to be inspired and share Make-A-Wish’s values of Integrity, Innovation, Impact, Community and Child Focus - apply today!
Make-A-Wish Australia is proud to be a child-safe organisation. Our recruitment practices are strictly adhered to during the application and interview process and include background screening to ensure that anyone that joins us at Make-A-Wish aligns with our values and commitment to child safety.
National Police Certificate *. Working with Children Check *.
Volunteers are required to attend a meeting once a month.Type of work
- Companionship & Social Support
- Fundraising & Events
Volunteers will be required to complete online induction modules.Reimbursement
A life changing experience!