About this opportunity
For the full Position Description and details on how to apply, see the Out For Australia website.
Outreach at OFA encompasses connecting with key stakeholders in the LGBTQIA+ student community, building relationships, and raising awareness of the support OFA can offer LGBTQIA+ students as they transition into the workplace.
The National Outreach Director will lead OFA’s outreach strategy, lead cross-cutting outreach projects, and support and mentor OFA’s Outreach Coordinators to connect with their student communities.
Outreach strategy and portfolio ownership (60%)
- Own, develop and implement OFA’s National Outreach Strategy.
- Attend relevant team meetings, including National Executive meetings and one-on-one meetings with the Deputy CCO.
- Support the creation of, and help maintain, resources for volunteers to conduct outreach activities.
Team leadership and support (30%)
- Act as the key support and mentor for OFA’s outreach volunteers.
- Coordinate regular National Outreach Team meetings (eg. fortnightly or monthly).
**General volunteer expectations (10%) **
- Undertake an OFA volunteer induction and role onboarding.
- Understand and implement OFA’s strategy, vision and mission.
- Uphold our volunteer code of conduct.
- Assist with initiatives as required.
Volunteers must be at least 18 years of age.
6 - 8 hours per week.Suitable for
- Online & Remote Volunteers
- Education & Training
- Fundraising & Events
- Mediation & Advocacy
- Tutoring & Coaching
Ongoing learning and development opportunities available to all volunteers.