About this opportunity
As an SES Search & Rescue and Storm Damage Team Member you will be trained to assist the community to cope with natural disasters including storm, cyclone, earthquake and flood. Volunteers also carry out missing person land searches and rescues.
SES Search & Rescue and Storm Damage Team Member roles include:
- Temporary repairs to houses damaged as a result of storms, flooding, structural damage, fallen trees etc.
- Aiding the community in the event of flood, earthquake or tsunami
- Assisting the WA Police with searches for missing or lost persons
- Providing first aid; casualty removal
- Participating in public relations and community education activities
- Providing operational support to bushfire brigades
Due to the emergency services nature of this role, you will need to live within the City of Stirling.
National Police Certificate *.
Drivers Licence (C) preferable.
You must live no more than a maximum of 20 minutes from the Unit.
Commitment is ongoing and includes weekly training on Wednesday evenings starting at 7:30pm; minimum one additional training course per year (usually held on weekends); attending emergency callouts 24/7 when available; attending occasional community engagement events.Type of work
- Safety & Emergency Services
We supply all the training and equipment needed for your role as an SES Volunteer.