About this opportunity
Dementia Australia is the national peak body for people, of all ages, living with all forms of dementia, their families and carers. We provide advocacy, support services, education and information.
Cedar House Dementia Support Group supports the Gold Coast community, providing a range of respite options for people living with dementia and their families. Our Centre, which is staffed by Dementia Australia staff and volunteers, works with our clients in a person-centred way, involving them in activities that they are passionate about and offering appropriate support. The "Out and About Program" is linked to the Centre, with small groups of our clients, staff and volunteers visiting a variety of locations around the Gold Coast, Northern NSW and on occasion, Brisbane.
We are seeking volunteers to assist weekdays between 8.30am - 3.30pm - volunteers indicate their preferred day. If you have the following approach and experience, it would be wonderful to hear from you:
- a positive, welcoming and patient approach, with a genuine interest in others;
- able to provide practical support to our group members on our small bus journeys to each destination - guiding on/off bus, seat belt assistance; conversation
- experience of supporting someone living with dementia desirable but not essential.
Volunteers would need to:
- undergo an interview, reference and police checks (at Dementia Australia's cost).
- provide evidence of COVID and influenza vaccination
- participate in induction and orientation sessions
Subsidy available to assist with lunch cost.
For further details and next steps contact: [email protected]
Covid-19 vaccination . National Police Certificate *.
Annual Influenza Vaccination
Weekdays 8.00am - 3.30pmType of work
- Disability Support
- Seniors & Aged Care
To assist you to be confident with this role we provide flexible induction and orientation.