About this opportunity
Dementia Australia is the national peak body for people, of all ages, living with all forms of dementia, their families and carers. We provide advocacy, support services, education and information.
Our Gold Coast Memory Lane Cafes welcomes people living with dementia and their support person for a morning of social connection and companionship. Volunteers assist with the warm welcome of our cafe guests and provide practical support.
We are seeking volunteers to assist at our Broadbeach Cafe every 2nd Monday in the month from 9am - 12noon. If you have the following approach and experience, it would be wonderful to hear from you:
- a warm, welcoming approach and genuine interest in others;
- happy to help with practical tasks such as set up; guest registration
- experience of supporting someone living with dementia desirable but not essential.
Volunteers would need to:
- undergo an interview, reference and police checks (at Dementia Australia's cost).
- provide evidence of COVID and influenza vaccination
- participate in induction and orientation sessions
Morning tea provided.
For further details and next steps contact: [email protected]
Covid-19 vaccination . National Police Certificate *.
Annual Influenza Vaccination
2nd Monday in the month, 9am - 12noon.Type of work
- Disability Support
- Seniors & Aged Care
To assist you to be confident with this role we provide flexible induction and orientation.