About this opportunity
For the full Position Description and details on how to apply, see the Out For Australia website.
The purpose of a General Team Member is to assist the State Director and State Team as required in delivering on the following:
- Hosting a series of events and workshops that deliver on OFA’s strategic plan.
- Forming relationships with corporate partners, education providers and community organisations.
- Raising awareness of OFA, particularly our mentoring program.
- Developing content to be shared on our communication channels.
The exact responsibilities of a General State Volunteer will depend on what is required by the State Director, but may include:
- Event planning [50%]: Leading or supporting in the development of online and in-person events or workshops, which may include liaising with OFA partners, community organisations, venue hosts, guests and other stakeholders.
- Awareness [20%]: Promoting OFA and raising awareness in your state through social media and attending networking events.
- Partnerships [10%]: Establishing and/or developing professional community, corporate, university and TAFE relationships.
- General Volunteering [10%]: Participate in State Team meetings, OFA meetings and required training (10%).
- Miscellaneous [10%]: Other duties as specified by the State Director.
4 - 6 hours per week.Suitable for
- Online & Remote Volunteers
- Education & Training
- Fundraising & Events
- Mediation & Advocacy
- Tutoring & Coaching