About this opportunity
Every-one in Australia is a migrant or a descendant of a migrant. Even our first peoples migrated here. And no matter how short or deep our roots are, most of us had to work hard to survive, find a job, put a roof over our head and feed our family. Times may have changed, but the challenges remain the same. Do you agree that even today newcomers are not easily accepted by existing communities, that ignorance, arrogance and racism still exist and that migrants have to work harder, be smarter and much more determined to get a job and prove themselves?
AMCCU (Australian Multi-Cultural Community United Ltd) is supporting the social and economic integration of migrants, fostering reconciliation, acceptance and co-operation between the different races, ethnic and religious groups and bond them into one Australian community. And we also celebrate the enriching multi-cultural diversity of our beautiful food, film, music, dance, fashion, art & craft that makes this community so unique.
Being the new kid on the block ourselves, we intend doing all of this a bit different to traditional charities. We don’t door-knock anymore, but build cloud-based service platforms and online communication networks with passionate volunteer teams. We even have our own TV Production Team. However, no team can excel just by itself. It needs support.
That’s where you will come in.
You will become part of AMCCUmedia and assist with our Social Media Live Events. There are multiple roles available for applicants with experience, such as -
- Producer- being in charge of the development and digital production of weekly Live Shows
- Director- coordinating hosts, participants, and audience interactions using the latest digital apps (Restream knowledge would be of advantage)
- Script Writer - writing the scripts for the hosts, inspiring them with the best questions, funniest jokes, and most informative news bulletins
- Host- a great personality that entertains social media audience and guides guest-hosts and participants to become entertaining as well. Excellent communication and interview skills. Know how to set up a live stream camera, light & audio.
- Technician- setting up and managing required apps prior and during the show, assisting hosts, guests, and participants with their setups (Facebook Business Suite, Restream, and video production knowledge would be of advantage)
You would work from wherever you want. We do ask you to commit to an average of at least 15 minutes per day and a total of 5-10 hours per week though (depends on role chosen).
The impact of your work will be far reaching. By enabling our events to entertain a wide audience we can reach a growing number of people. And the more we reach the better the chance of making Australia the world's most inclusive society!
So if you have the passion and the desire to create a meaningful legacy, then express your interest and tell us a bit about you.
National Police Certificate *. Working with Children Check *.
Please provide a brief skills summary and/or your LinkedIn profile with your application. If successful, we will assist you with obtaining the Police Certificate and Working with Children's Check.
These are important roles and you need to be available for at least 15 minutes per day and a total of 5-10 hours per week (depending on role chosen).Suitable for
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Online & Remote Volunteers
- People with disability
- Skilled Volunteers
- Arts, Craft & Photography
- IT & Web Development
- Marketing, Media & Communications
- Music & Entertainment