About this opportunity
The Hedland BFB is the primary bush fire response for the Town of Port Hedland, handling a range of incidents across the vast Hedland region. Hedland BFB also responds in support of the Port Hedland and South Hedland VFRS when required. We are currently looking for people willing to be active firefighters with the brigade.
- Response to fires and other emergencies
- Attendance to monthly training days
- Attendance to community events, weekend training courses and other brigade activities (when available)
- Assisting in keeping the brigade’s appliances and equipment ready for action
- Must be a minimum age of 16 years
What’s in it for you?
- The sense of satisfaction from keeping your community safe from emergencies
- Training opportunities in a range of Fire, Emergency Management and Leadership skills
- Opportunities for state-wide operational deployment with DFES
- Opportunity to join a team and meet great people
- Serve your community
- Personal satisfaction and challenge yourself
- Opportunity to apply your skills in a new environment
Driver's Licence (C) . National Police Certificate *.
We meet on the 1st and 3rd Tuesday evening of every month with occasional weekend courses and exercises throughout the year.Type of work
- Safety & Emergency Services
New volunteers are provided with training to become operational, this means new volunteers may need to provide a greater commitment to start.