About this opportunity
As a Lead Tenant you will be a positive role model in the home, leading by example in showing others how to take responsibility for basic independent living skills such as cooking, budgeting and household maintenance, health routines and how to manage their day-to-day living needs. Your gentle guidance will be invaluable to the young person as they begin their transition to independent living.
Live-In Youth Mentors will receive:
- a fully maintained house, including free rent and utilities
- regular supervision and ongoing training
- regular contact with support staff and case managers
- the chance to learn practical skills relevant to the industry
- the opportunity to improve the program
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- A commitment to creating a safe environment for the young people
- Promote the positive development and independent living skills of young people
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- A knowledge and understanding of Aboriginal culture and values and an awareness of the current issues faced by Aboriginal children, young people and their families.
MacKillop is a child-safe organisation and as such, the successful candidate will be required to satisfy pre-employment checks including a Criminal History Check and valid Working with Children Check. For more information, please contact: Elly-Joan Duff on [email protected] or 0428 050 387.
It is our goal that MacKillop Family Services continues to evolve as a culturally safe, culturally competent, and welcoming organisation to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children, young people, families, and communities.
At MacKillop, we welcome lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans, gender diverse and intersex people at our services. We believe in the right of all people to be treated justly and fairly and we act with respect for all people.
Covid-19 vaccination . Medical Check *. National Police Certificate *. Working with Children Check *.
- Skilled Volunteers
- Companionship & Social Support
- Tutoring & Coaching