About this opportunity
A core value of CHAMPION is to support the basic needs of individuals and families experiencing disadvantage in our community. The Community Hub Volunteer provides support in the following areas: Unloading donations from the CHAMPION vehicle, checking and restocking shelves, providing excellent customer service to our clients and making them feel comfortable and safe and unjudged. Attention to maintaining a clean, safe, hygienic and healthy work environment is critical. Safety and well-being of self and others is vital.
We are seeking enthusiastic volunteers for the following position:
Monday morning 9am-1pm OR Wednesdays from 11am-3.30pm (closed public holidays) Client Support and Food provision: • Restock shelves in readiness for clients shopping experience
Take clients through CHAMPION shopping and assist with taking food to their cars
• Check use-by-dates of food stock and dispose of any expired stock • Undertake general cleaning at the end of the shift
• Provide friendly and non-judgemental customer service
• Responding to customer requirements and queries
• Maintain a safe working environment
• Prepare hot drinks and welcome clients to CHAMPION
If you feel like this sounds like you then we would love to hear from you!
Covid-19 vaccination . Heavy Lifting . Working with Children Check *.
Heavy lifting is required.
Mondays 6.30am - 8.00am and Wednesdays 11am -3.30pm.Suitable for
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Work Experience
- Food Preparation & Service