About this opportunity
The Gow Park Reserve forms part of the Mulgoa Valley conservation area which protects important Cumberland Plain Woodland remnants, including the rare (and beautiful) Spiked Rice-flower. Additionally the reserve provides landscape connectivity which allows the movement of a diversity of animal species which in recent years, has included the Koala; and one of Australia's rarest birds, the Regent Honeyeater.
With your help we can support the work of volunteers over the last 25 years and continue to protect the Reserve from the threats of habitat fragmentation as well as environmental and noxious weeds which are impacting the diversity of our natives species. No experience is necessary for this event - bring yourself and a can-do attitude! Our friendly Project Officer is there to answer your questions and guide you along the way. This project is made possible with support from Penrith City Council and the NSW Environmental Trust.
Upcoming Events at this site:
- Wednesday 6 July (Habitat Restoration)
- Wednesday 2 November (Planting Day) Please note event registration will be open until commencement.
A FEW THINGS TO REMEMBER:
- Registrations on our website are essential. We will send you a link with more information on how to register once you submit a SEEK volunteer application.
- You are required to make your own way to and from the worksite.
- No previous experience is required. We will provide you with all the know-how on site.
- We can provide you with a certificate of appreciation for coming along and helping out (this looks great on a resume!)
NOTE: Catering will be provided and current NSW Health Covid guidelines will apply.
Please wear sturdy shoes/boots, long pants, and long sleeve shirts. Hats, sunscreen, and water are a must. Also bring any personal medical equipment necessary e.g. ventolin, epipen, etc.
This event will commence onsite at 9am and finish at 12pm.Suitable for
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Travelling Volunteers
- Work Experience
- Education & Training
- Garden Maintenance
- Tour Guides, Information & Heritage
No prior experience necessary! Team Leaders will provide volunteers with safety inductions and training.