About this opportunity
Digital Mentoring Volunteers (HICC) will share their digital literacy skills and knowledge with customers accessing the Digital Hub at the Hillview Intercultural Community Centre with the aim of increasing digital inclusion for culturally and linguistically diverse communities.
Medical Check *. National Police Certificate *.
Duties include but are not restricted to:
• Completing digital literacy training and development as required to stay up to date with emerging digital technologies
• Assisting customers with technology queries including the booking and use of digital equipment and troubleshooting technical issues.
• Undertake one on one customer mentoring sessions to support customers feeling confident to utilise digital technologies.
• Be an enabler of increased knowledge about the safe use of digital technologies
• Support the set up and pack down of learning spaces as required (depending on program)
• Maintaining regular contact with the Leader for reporting and evaluation purposes
• As determined by the City, adhere to privacy and confidentiality protocols regarding customers private information
• Reporting the misuse off City owned technical equipment by customers accessing the Digital Hub
Volunteers are required to support public access to the Computer Lab which is open daily Monday – Friday between 12.00pm – 5.00pm. Start/finish times and frequency of shifts are flexible. Due to the changing nature of Hillview Intercultural Community Centre’s activities, volunteers may be asked to perform additional task on an ‘as required’ basis. Volunteers will be consulted and consent obtained prior to participating in any additional tasks.Suitable for
- People Learning English
- Skilled Volunteers
- Education & Training
- IT & Web Development
- Library Services
Induction; Orientation; Industry based IT training; Privacy and Confidentiality Training