About this opportunity
The Limestone Coast Local Health Network are looking for social support volunteers for permanent and entertainer positions across the Limestone Coast area.
Volunteers are required to meet COVID19 vaccinations requirements, as per the governments mandate and provide evidence of their COVID vaccinations to the Volunteer Coordinator before commencements.
Our social support volunteers provide a fun social and entertaining day for our vulnerable clients that still live independently. These volunteers also assist with providing morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea, they may also be required to assist on outings that the social support groups go on from time to time.
Country Health Connect will ensure you have ongoing support and training.
- We require all volunteers to have their DHS Aged Care and Working with Children Clearances prior to commencement.
- We also require all volunteers to provide the Volunteer Coordinator with evidence of their COVID-19 vaccinations.
Covid-19 vaccination . Driver's Licence (C) . Others . Working with Children Check *.
* It’s important that organisations continue to monitor and follow the advice and guidelines of both State or Territory, and Federal Governments in relation to the latest COVID-19 requirements.
* As each organisation provides different levels/types of insurance, volunteers are reminded to check with the organisation as to the type of insurance provided for volunteers (e.g. Voluntary Workers Personal Accident Insurance).
* Best practice volunteer involvement recommends that a volunteer role should not be more than 15-16 hours per week.
Monday to Friday - 8:45am to 3pmSuitable for
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Families with Children
- People Learning English
- Skilled Volunteers
- Wheelchair Access
- Younger volunteers, aged 14-18
- Companionship & Social Support
- Music & Entertainment
- Seniors & Aged Care
Interview, Orientation, Annual Mandatory Training