About this opportunity
ABOUT THE ORGANISATION:
Established on 20 September 2021, League of Latin American Migrants Australia (LLAMA INCORPORATED) is a not-for-profit organisation based in Melbourne (Australia) which provides free English online sessions for the Spanish-Portuguese speaking community in Australia. The free sessions are also open to Latinos overseas who are considering coming to Australia in the future. In addition, LLAMA also delivers educational programs, employment services, and a range of support and referral services to other communities and government organisations.
LLAMA’s mission is to help international students, migrants, and the established members of Australia's Latin American community to integrate into Australian society through free online English classes and by familiarising Latinos with Australian culture.
LLAMA is a new organisation and growing quickly. We are recruiting a creative volunteer in Website Design to include the range of our services and activities in our website.
You will be working directly with an established engineering volunteering team in developing a new website for LLAMA, a not-for-profit organisation. You like to think outside of the box to present and deliver new and exciting solutions.
• Website design and development in WordPress (Elementor).
• Produce high-quality visual designs (page layouts; templates) that account for the peculiarities of designing for the web.
• Translating marketing objectives into clear creative output.
• Development of the organisation brand identity.
• Design quality assurance (QA) checks at several stages throughout the website project. Checks are performed on all aspects of the design such as layout, copy, images.
• Test website features across different browsers and mobile devices.
• Use modern interaction design patterns and UI best practices.
• Degree in advertising publicity, graphic design or related careers or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and training.
• Minimum 2-year experience designing responsive websites & working with UI design templates ( Overseas experience is accepted).
• High level of computer literacy with intermediate to advanced skill levels utilising the Adobe Creative Cloud packages (particularly InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop).
• Experience using web development software (WordPress).
• Experience with Adobe XD.
• **4 hours per week commitment **(applicants will distribute their time at their own flexibility).
Come and join us and be part of this exciting and vibrant Latin community. This is a great opportunity to get an Australian local experience working with a multicultural team that are located in different states across Australia and overseas in Latino America.
Student visa holders, temporary working and holiday makers, skilled migrants are strongly encouraged to apply. We are based in Melbourne, and this is a remote volunteer opportunity.
If you are interested in this volunteering position, please don't just click the Apply button on Seek, but also **send a covering letter, resume including some of your previous jobs **(websites, links, design, videos, etc) **to [email protected] **
National Police Certificate *.
• Spanish, Brazilian or English native speaker.
• Genuine and creative soul.
• Clear and precise communication skills.
• Innovative and strategic thinking.
• Great attention to detail, with the ability to work quickly and accurately.
• Passion and enthusiasm for what you do and a great attitude/work ethic.
• Flexible enough to be part of a team and work autonomously as require.
• Accept suggestions and constructive feedback.
• Strong command of colour theory, image composition, and typography.
• Demonstrated ability to take a project from concept to launch.
• A clear understanding of web design fundamentals.
• Understanding what is needed to make a website aesthetically appealing to the user.
• Have a current Police check (or proof of payment).
• Reliability is essential.
LLAMA has a flexible schedule. We require 4 hours weekly commitment.Suitable for
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Online & Remote Volunteers
- People Learning English
- Skilled Volunteers
- Travelling Volunteers
- IT & Web Development