About this opportunity
1. Who is WoCA
Women of Colour Australia (WoCA) is a not-for-profit organisation and a registered charity established in August 2020. We are run by women of colour for women of colour. We exist to champion Australia’s women of colour through programs of education, community support initiatives, and advocacy work.
Our Vision: A world where girls and women of colour are afforded equitable opportunities to reach their full potential.
**Our Purpose: ** To advocate, support and strengthen the lives and experiences of Women of Colour in all places and spaces in Australia.
You can find out more about us on our womenofcolour.org .au website.
This Committee is for you if you are someone with the following key attributes or is willing to develop these attributes:
- Relevant experience in fundraising through
- programs and events
- Relevant experience in grant writing
- Strong communication skills and ability to
- engage with a diverse range of people
- Innovative thinker and team player who likes a
- Planning fundraising opportunities with attention to financial and time constraints
- Working with softwares for online platforms (i.e zoom, teams, GoToWebinar, Google Meets, etc.)
- Setting, communicating and maintaining timelines, relationships and priorities on every fundraising opportunity
- Well-developed written communication skills
- Good networking ability
- Strong research skills
- Ability to work within tight deadlines
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to work
- Ability to work harmoniously in a team environment.
3. Duties of the Committee
- Develop a fundraising strategy and plan
- Track and report progress toward fundraising goals
- Encourage creativity and the development of new and exciting ideas in line with the purpose of the
- Work with other Committees to execute events (e.g. Communications and Engagement and Events)
- Delegate tasks and encourage volunteers at
- fundraising opportunities
- Develop leaders from within the committee for specific projects
- Maintain communication with other committees and support them in their programs/events
- Evaluating the fundraising activity and determining
- necessary changes for future fundraisers
- Conduct research into available grants and other
- funding opportunities
- Research requirements and suitability of available
- Seek information from funding bodies, community
- groups and potential project partners
- Developing and writing grant proposals
- Assembling and submitting grant requests, including letters, proposals, budgets, and presentations
- Maintaining calendar to ensure timely submission of letters of inquiry, proposal deadlines, and reports
- Conducting prospect research
- Prioritising projects to keep multiple projects moving in a timely manner, meet deadlines and manage supplemental material required for proposals
4. Benefits of volunteering with WoCA
WoCA focuses on educating ourselves and seeking, with purpose and intention, opportunities for growth. We support each other to build a sense of belonging. We advocate for ourselves and for our community to drive change.
Holding a role in this Committee brings with it many benefits and development opportunities, including:
- Strengthening your team work and communication skills
- Understanding and developing your grant writing skills
- Refining your organisational skills
- Developing high level organisational thinking
- Developing stakeholder engagement abilities
- Practical work experience to strengthen your
- A chance to increase your community interaction and social interaction
Please submit your Expression of interest via email to [email protected]
Do address the following:
1. The specific duties of the role
2. The attributes required
3. Why you are interested in volunteering with WoCA
If you would like to provide a copy of your CV, please feel free to send that through as well.
The Executive Committee will serve a 1-year term with no limit on consecutive terms. For this current cycle, the term concludes at the end of June 2022. Executive Committee members will have a time commitment of at least 1 hour per week (preferably 2 hours), with additional hours as needed or as feasible.Suitable for
- Online & Remote Volunteers
- Skilled Volunteers
- Work Experience
- Younger volunteers, aged 14-18
- Fundraising & Events
Training can be provided on grant writing and events management.