About this opportunity
Main activities • Strategic leadership in developing and refining communications and advocacy strategies to ensure they support and make a positive contribution to marketing and fundraising initiatives. • Establish and maintain active relationships with partners and stakeholders including parliamentarians, NGOs and other partners to assist with the development, targeting and implementation of advocacy initiatives • Manage the Advocacy and Education Officers, and other officers who support the implementation of the organisation's strategy. • Work closely with the Media/Communications team on advocacy and communications messages supporting the organisation's goals. • Conduct and prepare presentations to conferences, community groups etc where required.
Key skills • Proven management experience • Demonstrated project management and problem-solving skills • Knowledge of the Australian media and political environments • Thorough understanding of development and child rights issues • Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
Internal contacts Fundraising and Marketing teams
External contacts Elected Parliamentary Members, Media agencies and other service providers, partner organisations and professional bodies.
Typical experience Minimum of 5 years experience in journalism or public affairs coupled with relevant tertiary qualifications in the field of journalism/communications/public relations
Driver's Licence (C) . National Police Certificate *. Working with Children Check *.
Every application is based on merit, we have minimum standards which must be met by every candidate and position to work with our organisation.
1. Australian Citizenship/Permanent Resident;
2. Relevant Qualifications and Certificates/Registrations;
3. Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience within Australia;
4. Great communication and listening skills;
5. Ability to commit the required time for the position and be able to commit to a 12-month position (minimum);
6. Upon engagement, you will be required to have or obtain a Working with Children Check (WWCC) and a National Police Check (NPC), which is conducted alongside our partnered charity agency.
10+ hours per week (Negotiable)Suitable for
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Families with Children
- Online & Remote Volunteers
- People with disability
- Skilled Volunteers
- Governance, Boards & Committees
- Marketing, Media & Communications
- Mediation & Advocacy
- Research, Policy & Analysis
Everyone at DCSS Australia will undertake the training free of charge:- Fair Work Ombudsman (FWO);- Council of Social Services (QCOSS);- Mandate Report Training, for both Victoria and New South Wales; - Others as required and or negotiated.Reimbursement