About this opportunity
Main activities • Directing the establishment of financial/accounting principles, procedures, and practices in line with legal and corporate requirements. • Ensuring accurate and timely financial reports and forecasts for the whole organisation to provide a clear insight into its financial condition. • Advising on the financial implications of management decisions and establishing the financial soundness of proposed acquisitions and divestment of assets or businesses. • Ensuring that the profits of the organisation are protected through the establishment of effective financial controls, implementing, and maintaining appropriate management accounting and reporting systems, budgetary controls and expenditure procedures. • Implementing policies to ensure the security of funds and assets, guiding the lodgement of tax and other returns to comply with all statutory requirements, and administering insurance cover and claims.
Key skills • Requires formal qualifications (CPA, CA, BComm, etc.) and considerable practical experience in financial planning, reporting and control. • Sound knowledge of international exchange transactions and import/export activities. The ability to organise and control major accounting systems is also required.
Internal contacts Functional management, company secretary, internal audit, IT Manager.
External contacts Financial institutions, major customers & suppliers, external auditors, investment advisers, government, etc.
Typical experience At least 10+ years of practical experience in addition to tertiary qualifications.
Driver's Licence (C) . National Police Certificate *. Working with Children Check *.
Every application is based on merit, we have minimum standards which must be met by every candidate and position to work with our organisation.
1. Australian Citizenship/Permanent Resident;
2. Relevant Qualifications and Certificates/Registrations;
3. Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience within Australia;
4. Great communication and listening skills;
5. Ability to commit the required time for the position and be able to commit to a 12-month position (minimum);
6. Upon engagement, you will be required to have or obtain a Working with Children Check (WWCC) and a National Police Check (NPC), which is conducted alongside our partnered charity agency.
15 hours per month (Negotiable)Suitable for
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Families with Children
- Online & Remote Volunteers
- People with disability
- Skilled Volunteers
- Accounting & Finance
- Administration & Office Management
- Fundraising & Events
- Governance, Boards & Committees
Everyone at DCSS Australia will undertake the training free of charge:- Fair Work Ombudsman (FWO);- Council of Social Services (QCOSS);- Mandate Report Training, for both Victoria and New South Wales; - Others as required and or negotiated.