About this opportunity
Responsibilities • Establish the eligibility of a person on whose behalf the organisation will submit an application for a WDP • Keep abreast of the types of activities our organisation proposes to provide under the WDP scheme (for example, unpaid work, courses, counselling, mentoring) and advise clients accordingly • Calculate and propose the work-off rate for satisfaction or part satisfaction of an infringement penalty based on details of infringement or details of outstanding penalties • Evidence the participation of an eligible person in WDP activities • Handle all collection, use and disclosure of information relating to a person applying for a WDP scheme including their consent, in a confidential and professional manner • Keep record of all information relating to the organisation’s involvement in WDP scheme as required by WDP guidelines • Providing specialist interventions, if required and support for people with in/out of LGBTIQ community
**Skills, Qualifications and Experience ** • Tertiary qualifications in Social Work, Social Welfare, Psychology or related discipline • Experience working with people of diverse backgrounds and ages • Ability to work as a part of a team and independently • Demonstrated ability to write reports to a professional standard • Experience in Case Management • Working knowledge of the various legislations that govern WDP
Driver's Licence (C) . National Police Certificate *. Working with Children Check *.
Every application is based on merit, we have minimum standards which must be met by every candidate and position to work with our organisation.
1. Australian Citizenship/Permanent Resident;
2. Relevant Qualifications and Certificates/Registrations;
3. Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience within Australia;
4. Great communication and listening skills;
5. Ability to commit the required time for the position and be able to commit to a 12-month position (minimum);
6. Upon engagement, you will be required to have or obtain a Working with Children Check (WWCC) and a National Police Check (NPC), which is conducted alongside our partnered charity agency.
10+ hours per week, negotiableSuitable for
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Families with Children
- Online & Remote Volunteers
- People with disability
- Skilled Volunteers
- Administration & Office Management
- Companionship & Social Support
- Mediation & Advocacy
- Research, Policy & Analysis
Yes, e-learning courses - FWO - QCOSS - Mandate Report Training - WDO/WDP TrainingReimbursement